How I Made It: The Story Behind Laretta Houston’s Swimsuit Shot of Winnie Harlow
Houston captures Winnie Harlow in a moment of pure release. Something is liberating about Laretta Houston‘s photo of Winnie Harlow at the top of this story. Shot for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, Houston captures Harlow in a moment of pure release, her back arched and head tilted towards the sun as the milky surf churns below her.
Houston captures Winnie Harlow in a moment of pure release
It’s no surprise that Houston’s photo quickly went viral when it was shared on social media. Partially it’s because Harlow is a celebrated fashion model and internationally recognized spokesperson on the skin condition vitiligo. But it’s also because Houston’s image is different from many swimwear shots you’ll see, showcasing both Harlow’s distinctive beauty and her defiant openness. continue reading on digitalphotopro
- Chinese factory inflation rose more than expected in July, data showed Monday
- UN’s climate science panel will unveil on Monday its much-anticipated projections for temperature and sea-level rises
- Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, today announced sampling of its newest generation of 256 and 512 gigabytes (GB)
- Drop in the bucket: US infrastructure plan may fall short on water
- The US gains 943,000 jobs in July, unemployment falls to 5.4%: govt
- Taliban kills top Afghan government media official as fighting rages
- Asian markets struggled on Friday despite Wall Street benchmarks climbing overnight on the back of healthy US economic data.
- Ultra-modern Singapore’s dark secret: female genital mutilation